Green Boating and Marina Products & Services*
Georgia Strait Alliance Burgees:
Get your GSA burgee for only $30, and support our marine conservation work too!
Burgee orders can be placed by calling our Nanaimo office at (250) 753-3459, or drop your cheque in the mail with your preference of burgee (address at bottom of this page).
*NOTE: Georgia Strait Alliance has not tested any of the products listed below for authenticity of claims. Please use your own discretion. Refer to TerraChoice for information on the Environmental Choice Program’s EcoLogo ™ products.
Books and Guides:
- Author Clyde Ford has released a new book on environmentally responsible boating called Boat Green - 50 Steps Boaters Can Take to Save Our Waters. Inspiring, practical and pragmatic this handbook is a terrific resource for all boaters who want to leave a "green wake". Click here for more information and to order online. 15% of the proceeds goes to Georgia Strait Alliance's marine conservation work!
- Pacific Coast Pilot Anchorage and Mooring Guide: Gulf Islands and Southern Vancouver Island
- Sewage disposal sites along the BC coast
- Inner Harbour Technologies Inc. - customized environmental pump-out systems
- Sun-Mar - mobile composting toilets
- Envirolet - go anywhere composting toilets
- Air Head Environmental Toilet
- West Marine - treatment systems and holding tanks
Boat cleaning and miscellaneous products:
- Oillift - Save the Oceans Inc.
- Alex Milne Associates Ltd. Natural Marine products
- Seventh Generation. Non-toxic products
Docks and flotation:
- Enviro Float Manufacturing - environmentally friendly flotation for docks and floats
- Zorbie Products Ltd. - Spill Response and supplies
West Coast Spill Supplies - Spill Kits, Absorbents & spill response products.
- Fuel/Air separators - to eliminate vent line overflow during refuelling
- Mycelx Technology - a variety of fuel and lubricant spill protection
- Liberty Bay Solutions - Overboard Oil Protection System (OOPS), bilge oil/water separator
- Wasp Fueling Systems - for fuel docks and mobile fuellers, to prevent burps, blowbacks and spills
- Muir Lock Monster - Petro Barrier Systems Inc. preventing fuel and related chemical spills
- Attwood Fuel Demand Valve - prevents pressurized fuel from spilling and flooding the engine
Hulls and anti-fouling:
- Alternative Fouling Control Systems (pdf) - Environmental Options for Bottom Painting (2008).
- E Paint - ecofriendly bottom paints that use a natural chemical reaction of peroxides to inhibit attachment by marine life
- Alex Milne Associates Ltd. (pdf) - environmentally friendly hull care products
- Greenboatstuff.com - environmentally friendly boating supplies