Toxic Smart Solutions
Keeping you, your home and the environment toxic-free!
Our ToxicSmart program is designed to help you reduce the impacts of toxic chemicals on your family and the environment. It's easy! Here's how:
Printable ToxicSmart illustrated info guides (8 pages each, PDF):
- What Does Clean Really Mean? - for your home
- What's Your Poison? - for your garden
- Solving the Solvent Problem - for your workshop
The ToxicSmart Resource Guide: a step-by-step guide for community groups wishing to bring ToxicSmart to their own community.
For more information on the program, please email here.
Additional Tools & Resources
- Clean? - a video on household cleaners
- ToxicSmart Glossary of Ingredients: toxic chemicals you might find in your home, along with their impacts
- The Scoop on Laundry: Use Less, Save More (laundry detergent reduction program)
- Quick tips to reduce toxins in your home
- Alternatives to Pesticides
- Workplace toxins: Cleaners and Toxins (Labour Environmental Alliance Society)
- The Cancer Smart Consumer Guide (Labour Environmental Alliance Society)
- Environmental Working Group's Cosmetic safety database
- Healthy homes, gardens and schools (Washington Toxics Coalition)
- Cleaning Supplies Can Contaminate Classroom Air (Environmental Working Group)
- Detox for your home (Women to Women)
|Back to main "Toxic Chemicals" page||Back to main "Home & Garden" page|
ToxicSmart solutions are good for the environment and your family's health, and they can be easy and inexpensive!